Customer Service Assistant - Student Accommodation (VS106/10a)
£18,000 - £18,000/annum
- United Kingdom -- England -- West Midlands -- West Midlands -- Birmingham
05 December 2018
Customer Service Assistant – Student Accommodation
Hours: 37.5 hours per week, between the hours of 8am - 10pm on a rota basis, working 5 days in a 7-day period
Start date 7th January 2019
My client, an owner and operator of purpose-built student accommodation across the UK. They have already created a portfolio of over 17,000 beds and ambition to increase that further in the near future; they are at the very beginning of building their brand, culture and DNA. That makes it a really exciting time to join them.
Already a team made up of really great people and a business who will endeavour always to do the right thing, in the right way - truly putting students' experience, welfare and safety at the top of their agenda.
The CSA team are the first point of contact for their customers, across a wide range of services; from the very first time someone comes to see what they are about and wants to view a room or make a booking, to logging a maintenance ticket, asking for directions or just needing someone to talk to. You're an important part of someone's stay with them, so we are looking for people who are keen to deliver a wonderful experience, in every interaction.
- Provide a welcoming, visible and effective front of house service during the day.
- Deal with enquiries from customers, through email, website, telephone, and in person.
- Collect payments on behalf of customers, ensuring high levels of attention to detail and working in line with our policies and processes.
- Take delivery of post and parcels and conduct the necessary processes to distribute and update customers.
- Support customers who may need to bring a complaint to our attention, walking them through the process
- Top of your agenda at all times; practice an unrelenting approach to safety and welfare by adherence to any and all safety policies and processes in our organisation.
- Develop an understanding within your respective area for all statutory and legal accountabilities we hold; furthermore, ensure that your colleagues understand why we perform such duties and encourage an environment where safety and welfare is never overlooked.
- Create an environment whereby all team members feel confident and comfortable in raising any concerns about our properties or our practices.
- Work within the guidelines of the GDPR, treating customer's data with the utmost respect.
- Facilitate events for our residents; including marketing of events, room set-up and take-down as necessary.
- Ensure all value-add services are in good working order and setup for customer use, such as refreshment and snack offerings.
- Ensure common rooms and lounges are inviting, neat and tidy and ready for use the day ahead.
- Willingly and regularly ask for feedback from our residents and use that to sculpt new ideas, events and services to propose to the wider service team.
- Pride yourself on an understanding of the demographic of your customers and tailor events to drive inclusivity.
- Treat every enquiry with significant importance, taking personal pride in ensuring all enquiries are responded to.
- Be expert in our properties in the city, able to clearly articulate what we offer to prospective customers.
- Conduct show flat viewings for any potential customers.
- Ensure sales and financial targets across the portfolio are achieved. Manage and maintain relevant administration and reporting systems.
- Be a supportive and reassuring presence for customers who may be experiencing a difficulty.
- Educate yourself on the local support network that we can signpost customers to, who may be experiencing wellbeing or mental health issues, including primary points of contact at local Universities.
- Work within the Red Book guidance and processes, escalating any incident accordingly.
- Address and update maintenance tickets; allocating to colleagues, contractors or updating customers with progress.
- Support the Assistant Manager responsibilities with Purchase Order systems.
- Undertake any other general administrative activities handed over to you.
What we are looking for:
- Experience in a fast-paced customer service environment.
- Front line customer service delivery will have been a feature of your working life to date.
- You'll most likely have worked in Hotels or similar hospitality environments; Student Accommodation experience is great but not essential.
- Excellent written and verbal English language skills.
- A second language, such as Mandarin is incredibly useful here and would make a huge difference to our customers.
- Computer literate and a pro on Microsoft packages such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Conscientious, on time and well-presented.
- Willing to step in to support a colleague or take on extra responsibility if required.
- Personable and easy to communicate with, well-liked by everyone
- Ability to make decisions and recommendations, willing to be flexible and respond to changing circumstances
- An ability to demonstrate a flexible and positive 'can do' attitude and to become quickly established to add value to the business
- Inclusive of others, non-judgmental, fair.
In the first instance please apply by forwarding your CV, however, preference will be given to those who then follow up with a phone call.
Please contact Vicky at our Manchester office
Ritz recruitment - Employment Agency