HEAD OF PROFESSIONAL REGULATIONS
Location: Canary Wharf
Immediate Start: (application closing date; 13th of Feb)
Salary: £68.572 - £70,000k + benefits
Monday to Friday; 9am to 5pm
Permanent Contract: 9months (with possible extension)
We are seeking to recruit an experienced Head within a Fitness to Practice Directorate, to lead and develop Professionals Regulation (Fitness To Practise) team, as a high performance cohesive unit, with a focus on service, excellence and continuous improvement.
- Ensure that the professional regulation (Fitness to Practise) team is adequately resourced and developed to work cohesively as a unit.
- Ensure that allegations of registrants FtP are investigated, and , if appropriate presented at a hearing in line with the published policies.
- Under delegated powers from the Registrar, and working with Senior Lawyers, make decisions on the Fitness To Practise (FtP) cases.
- Working with the Senior Lawyers develop standards, and for complex cases, tailored plans for the investigation of allegations.
- Act as business lead in the part of the business improvement programme relevant to the Professionals Regulations (FtP).
- Manage the teams budget, in line with the companies policies and processes.
- Working with Head of Quality, Monitoring and Concerns, develop and implement systems for quality assurance, and training and development for the team.
Knowledge and Key Skills for this Job:
- An experienced and accomplished People Manager and Leader.
- Confidence and strong legal expertise / background, (within Fitness to Practise or Regulatory Body).
- Capable of giving a high level of advice in line with the (FtP regulations and procedures)
- Significant experience of managing teams, dealing with investigations and presentations of cases at hearings in a regulatory environment.
- Strong team player.
- Excellent communication skills; both written and verbal.
- Ability to quickly grasp relevant regulatory and legislative requirements and the ability to filter salient points.
Please apply direct online and upload your CV, then contact Sylvina on 0207 9295850.
Good Luck :)