Part time Laboratory Support Officer (VS172/05)
£9,980 - £9,980/annum
- United Kingdom -- England -- North West England -- Greater Manchester -- Salford
Tuesday, May 14, 2019
Part time Laboratory Support Officer
Hours: 20 hours per week, 9am-1:00pm (can be flexible)
Salary: £9.60 p/h, £9,980 p/a
Our client is looking for a Lab Support Officer to assist and support the Laboratory Support Team Leader in the provision of a managed service that will ensure efficient and effective use of laboratory facilities. To be part of the team that aims to deliver on an optimum configuration of Rapid Response Laboratory and Core Laboratory facilities. By reducing facility downtime, you will contribute to a robustness of service that will ultimately improve patient pathways.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
- Logging equipment faults with the manufacturer.
- Repairing equipment with assistance from manufacturer’s telephone support.
- Logging confirmation on system for engineer call-out for faulty equipment.
- Inform manufacturer of parts used in course of self-repair.
- Following up with Manufacturer with regards to engineer performance. Be responsible for ensuring engineers attend as and when expected.
- Equipment: cyclical maintenance - liaise with manufacturer re: changes to be made to cyclical repair program
- Inform sample collection team of where samples should be delivered whilst equipment is offline.
- Inform Analytics LLP of maintenance visit and anticipated equipment downtime.
- Feedback to Contract Review Committee on the effectiveness of programme, and downtime from failure to comply.
- Responsible for the Point of Care Testing and Anticoagulation Testing Service Equipment, by liaising with manufacturers to arrange an annual quality review of the following: Bilirubin Poct, Haem A1C, Foetal Fibronectin PoCT and Pregnancy Testing
- Managing the EQA process in respect of the following PoCT activities: Blood Glucose, Bilirubin, Haen A1C, Blood Gas PoCT, HIV Screening, Pregnancy Testing, Haem INRs, Full blood count.
- Supporting the maintenance and servicing of the following PoCT equipment no less than every 12 months: Circa 180 Blood connected Glucose meters, 3 Bilirubin, 14 Blood Gas Analysers, 10 Haem INRs' 5 Full Blood Count Hemocue Machines
- Engaging with suppliers with regards to cyclical maintenance events and the impact to the clinical service.
- Providing advice to the Customer in the operation and maintenance of the PoCT equipment as the Customer reasonably requests.
- Stock and Procurement: Agreeing minimum stock levels and stock levels required at the RRL’s and Core Laboratory.
- Determining preferred maximum stock levels at the locations, as well as, at the warehouse/storage facilities.
- Publishing minimum stock level requirements so as to ensure that FM LLP staff, as well as, users of the facility can easily identify when stock is close to or below agreed threshold.
- Monitoring stock levels against agreed minimum stock levels to ensure that sufficient stock is on hand at all times.
- Physically counting and checking stock delivered against delivery note. Flagging and troubleshooting any discrepancies. Escalating to FM Operations Site Lead where necessary.
- Logging of delivery’s on system.
- Checking the quantity of units on delivery note against PO. Flagging and troubleshooting any discrepancies. Escalating to FM Operations Site Lead staff where necessary.
- Posting final value and quantity into ledger system.
- Checking that call-off stock is required in laboratory stock room and ensuring that minimum agreed stock levels are in place. Where necessary, completing a call-off stock delivery request form.
- Reviewing completed call-off stock delivery request forms.
- Determining the call-off stock requirements for the RRL’s, Core Laboratories etc. so as to ensure that the agreed minimum and maximum stock levels are maintained.
- Complete call-off stock request form and assess if call-off stock required.
- Agreeing call-off stock requirements so as to ensure that the agreed minimum stock levels are maintained.
- Determining the standing order stock requirements for the RRL’s, Core Laboratories, etc. so as to ensure that the agreed minimum and maximum stock levels can be maintained.
- Assist with the transportation of samples to the Specimen Reception areas where required. (either at Core lab or RRL).
- Assist with enquiries relating to the location of samples in transit.
- Supporting other Facilities – from time to time there may be a need to support other FM facilities within the Network of laboratories.
- GP Supplies – where this is managed locally to assist in the order management and distribution of supplies.
- To be familiar and competent with procedures for dealing with the safe handling of biological and chemical materials in a laboratory environment.
- To be familiar and competent with procedures to deal with biological and chemical spillages in a safe manner.
- To be familiar and competent with procedures for the safe use of equipment used in the laboratory environment.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Previous experience in a relevant laboratory, and proficiency in techniques appropriate to the discipline
- Experience of managing stock and assets, purchasing consumables and lab equipment
- Experience of managing the maintenance of lab equipment and consumables, liaising with manufacturers and engineers and coordinating engineers on site
- Experience of organising servicing of lab equipment
- Good organisational skills.
To work accurately, neatly and efficiently. Attention to detail is very important.
- To work in a team or as an individual
- Basic Keyboard skills and familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Maintain patient confidentiality at all times.
- To work on own initiative
- To communicate effectively in English - both verbally and in writing.
- Use of laboratory equipment and techniques relevant to the specialty
- Experience of working to a laboratory Quality Management System.
- To communicate effectively with people at all levels
- Well-presented and will abide by dress code
- Demonstrate professionalism and a customer-focused attitude
- Calm under pressure
- Punctual and reliable
- Helpful, friendly and polite
- Flexible and adaptable
- Committed to the corporate quality objectives
In the first instance please apply by forwarding your CV, however, preference will be given to those who then follow up with a phone call.
Please contact Vicky at our Manchester office
Ritz recruitment – Employment Agency