£25,000 - £25,000/annum
- United Kingdom -- England -- North East England -- Tyne and Wear -- Newcastle upon Tyne
Thursday, July 11, 2019
Hours: 40hrs a week, working between 8am – 6pm Mon - Fri
Our Client is seeking a Management Accountant to provide effective support to the Financial Controller and Finance Director.
This is a hands-on role working within the student accommodation sector at an exciting time in the company’s development. The successful candidate will be required to assist the FC on the preparation of monthly management accounts and financial reporting.
- Producing monthly management accounts including profit and loss account, balance sheet, cash flows, variance analysis, key performance indicators and supporting commentaries in line with agreed SLA and reporting deadlines.
- Maintaining management accounting processes and implementing and communicating any required changes.
- Providing supporting data and relevant analysis to aid decision making in an effective and timely manner.
- Ensuring management and HY/FY fiscal reporting are fully reconciled and aligned.
- Preparing, submitting and reviewing all management accounts for Group Finance review and sign off.
- Validating and uploading all monthly actual results, budgets and forecasts to the Group consolidation and reporting model in line with required deadlines.
- Leading and/or contributing and supporting Projects as designated.
- Ensuring compliance with all finance processes, controls and regulatory framework.
- Providing general support to internal and external customers.
- Raising invoices and summarising for reports.
- Authorise purchase invoices and investigate anomalies.
- Control purchase orders and ensure sales invoices are ultimately generated.
- Monthly management accounts from cradle to grave with a goal to improve these on a weekly/monthly basis.
- Use of Excel to produce and add value to reporting on a daily basis.
- Undertaking bank reconciliations.
- Managing purchase ledger.
- Dealing with enquiries from customers, suppliers and internal staff.
- Performing administrative tasks to support the needs of the Accounts Department.
- Part qualified or qualified by experience accountant, ideally with accounting expertise gained within the property sector.
- Current experience working in an Accounts or Finance function, working with invoicing, purchase ledger, banking, and VAT
- 2+ years’ experience
In the first instance please apply by forwarding your CV, however, preference will be given to those who then follow up with a phone call.
Please contact Vicky at our Manchester office
Ritz recruitment – Employment Agency