Night Receptionist – Student Accommodation
Hours: 8pm – 8am, 4 days on, 4 days off
Salary £9.23 per hour
Chester City Centre
My client, an owner and operator of purpose-built student accommodation across the UK. They have already created a portfolio of over 19,000 beds and ambition to increase that further in the near future; they are at the very beginning of building their brand, culture and DNA. That makes it a really exciting time to join them.
Already a team made up of really great people and a business who will endeavour always to do the right thing, in the right way – truly putting students’ experience, welfare and safety at the top of their agenda.
The CSA team are the first point of contact for their customers, across a wide range of services; from the very first time someone comes to see what they are about and wants to view a room or make a booking, to logging a maintenance ticket, asking for directions or just needing someone to talk to. You’re an important part of someone’s stay with them, so we are looking for people who are keen to deliver a wonderful experience, in every interaction.
- Provide a welcoming, visible and effective front of house service during the night.
- Deal with enquiries from customers, through email, website, telephone, and in person. Maintain an exceptional log of your activities throughout the night, ensuring a seamless handover with colleagues the next day.
- Collect payments on behalf of customers, ensuring high levels of attention to detail and working in line with our policies and processes.
- Support customers who may need to bring a complaint to our attention, walking them through the process.
- Top of your agenda at all times; practice an unrelenting approach to safety and welfare by adherence to any and all safety policies and processes in our organisation.
- Develop an understanding within your respective area for all statutory and legal accountabilities we hold; furthermore, ensure that your colleagues understand why we perform such duties and encourage an environment where safety and welfare is never overlooked.
- Create an environment whereby all team members feel confident and comfortable in raising any concerns about our properties or our practices.
- Work within the guidelines of the GDPR, treating customer’s data with the utmost respect.
- Facilitate evening events for our residents; including marketing of events, room set-up and take-down as necessary.
- Ensure all value-add services are in good working order and setup for customer use, such as refreshment and snack offerings.
- Ensure common rooms and lounges are inviting, neat and tidy and ready for use the next day.
- Willingly and regularly ask for feedback from our residents and use that to sculpt new ideas, events and services to propose to the wider service team.
- Pride yourself on an understanding of the demographic of your customers and tailor events to drive inclusivity
- Be expert in our properties in the city, able to clearly articulate what we offer to prospective customers.
- Schedule showflat viewings for your day time colleagues.
- Liaise with international agents and customers who may prefer to speak to us during the night time.
- Ensure sales and financial targets across the portfolio are achieved.
- Manage and maintain relevant administration and reporting systems.
- Be a supportive and reassuring presence for customers who may be experiencing a difficulty through the night.
- Educate yourself on the local support network that we can signpost customers to, who may be experiencing wellbeing or mental health issues, including primary points of contact at local Universities.
- Call upon or liaise with our remote security partner, as and when required.
- Keep detailed and clear records on any night time incidents or activity.
- Address and update maintenance tickets; allocating to colleagues, contractors or updating customers with progress.
- Support the Assistant Manager responsibilities with Purchase Order systems.
What we are looking for:
- You’ll most likely have worked in a Hotel reception or similar hospitality environments; Student Accommodation experience is great but not essential.
- Experience in a fast-paced customer service environment.
- Front line customer service delivery will have been a feature of your working life to date.
- Excellent written and verbal English language skills.
- Computer literate and a pro on Microsoft packages such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Conscientious, on time and well-presented.
- Willing to step in to support a colleague or take on extra responsibility if required.
- Personable and easy to communicate with, well-liked by everyone
- Ability to make decisions and recommendations, willing to be flexible and respond to changing circumstances
- An ability to demonstrate a flexible and positive ‘can do’ attitude and to become quickly established to add value to the business
In the first instance please apply by forwarding your CV, however, preference will be given to those who then follow up with a phone call.
Please contact Vicky at our Manchester office
Ritz recruitment – Employment Agency