Group Product Compliance & Quality Manager
Salary: £55,000 - £65,000
Hours: 9am – 5.30pm, Monday – Thursday, 4.15pm finish on Friday
Working for an established global leader within the creative promotional merchandise arena based at Salford Quays. Market leaders in their field, they deal with some of the world’s largest brands, with global offices, my client is looking for a Group Product Compliance & Quality Manager join their team.
Product compliance, sustainability, quality management, ethical and environmental work practises are an important part of their business strategy and service offering to their clients. Seeking to strengthen their team with an ambitious and experienced candidate to maintain and continuously improve industry leading standards in this area.
The Group Product Compliance & Quality Manager manages a team of five and reports to the COO with a dotted reporting line to the Senior ESG Officer of their parent company.
As Group Product Compliance & Quality Manager your areas of responsibility will include:
- Further develop and continuously improve the strategy for Product / Vendor Compliance, Sustainability and Quality.
- Hands-on management of the Compliance, Sustainability and Quality team based in Manchester, London and Far East.
- Further develop industry leading Product Compliance work practices that ensures maximum product safety and compliance documentation across a broad range of products such as desk top items, garments, bags and technology products.
- Manage the vendor audit programme with suppliers and sub-contractors whilst working closely together with the import team for suppliers in high risk countries
- Manage the product quality control processes of products purchased from a wide range of sub-contract manufacturers in the EU, Turkey and Far East. An understanding of product testing and familiarity with working with test/inspection companies would be a major benefit.
- Own and manage the annual submission to EcoVadis and other 3rd-party CSR assessment providers
- Maintain the Company’s existing certified management systems ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISO 50001 across all sites and implement new business management systems if required (e.g. ISO 27001)
- Take responsibility to ensure obligations towards all relevant regulations are met in each market they are doing business. In this respect it would be
- advantageous that you have knowledge of packaging regulations, electrical waste, battery regulations and REACH.
- Foster and lead a culture of continuous improvement in their processes and customer satisfaction.
- Leading compliance & quality audits conducted by their customers
- Leading the complaints management process within business
- Ensure consistency of policies and processes across all sites working closely together with the Senior ESG Officer of their parent company.
To join this ambitious team, we are seeking an individual who will be able to travel between the sites with occasional visits to non-UK offices and who possesses;
- A real passion for the ever-evolving issues surrounding Product / Vendor Compliance, Quality Management, Sustainability and good governance.
- The skills and experience to continually improve the Company’s overall approach to these issues.
- An ability to clearly present and communicate these strategies both internally and externally.
- Proven post graduate experience in a leading position in the relevant areas preferably in a service/import industry.
- Strong expertise and work experience in Product / Vendor Compliance and Sustainability is essential.
- Detailed knowledge of ISO 9001, ISO 14000.
- Strong leadership skills paired with a clear collaborative and hands-on approach
My client are an equal opportunities employer and encourage flexible working through family friendly working hours.
This is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate to join a market leading organisation with real long-term prospects!
In the first instance please apply by forwarding your CV
Please contact Vicky at our Manchester office
Ritz recruitment – Employment Agency