£30,000 - £32,500/annum
- United Kingdom -- England -- North West England -- Greater Manchester -- Trafford Park
Monday, March 22, 2021
Assistant Financial Accountant
Salary: £30,000 - £32,500
Hours: 9am – 5.30pm, Monday – Thursday, 4.15pm finish on Friday
Working for an established global leader within the creative promotional merchandise arena based at Salford Quays. Market leaders in their field, they deal with some of the world’s largest brands, with global offices, my client is looking for an Assistant Financial Accountant join their team.
This role will provide support to teams across a number of sites.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Month-end coordination and group reporting for European entities
- Responsibility for the preparation and review of the balance sheet reconciliations associated with the work you undertake (Fixed Assets, Prepayments, Accruals, Intercompany)
- Intercompany reconciliation, liaising with other teams/sites at both month end and during the month to ensure accounts are clean and easily reconciled at month end
- Analytical review below gross margin for European entities
- Ensuring a “pro-active” approach is taken to the cleanliness of all balance sheet and other accounts within the wider team
- Supervisory role in preparation of all European payrolls, performing review and approval of data, and providing cover to the team when required
- Preparation of Statutory Accounts for multiple entities (both UK and overseas) liaising with all parties to obtain all relevant information.
- Liaison with auditors and tax advisors regarding the above statutory accounts
- Assistance with annual Budgets and interim reforecasts, coordinating with other finance team members; to include management of this process ensuring required timescales and deadlines are communicated internally and adhered to
- Assist with the upgrade and ongoing maintenance of the Financial Reporting software system from a Finance perspective
- Provide day-to-day assistance to staff on system and finance queries
- Support of the VAT Manager, providing another point of contact to the business, and back-up for the preparation of returns and on-going compliance
- Where necessary, producing, implementing and updating Financial control policies and procedures
- Perform an Internal Audit function on judgmental/ complex balance sheet areas as and when required e.g. customer rebates, stock valuations
- Use skills, knowledge and experience to add value within the Finance department and across the business, by suggesting improvements to processes and procedures, and where appropriate implementing those suggestions
- Perform the role with a customer-focused outlook, always aware of who our internal customers are and striving to provide the best possible service to them
What you’ll need:
- Ideal candidates will be studying either ACA, ACCA or CIMA as well as being confident and assertive with the ability to build rapport and effectively communicate with people at all levels. You will be determined to go the extra mile to achieve results
- Teamwork is essential in this role, as you need to ensure colleagues across a number of sites and time zones hit required deadlines, therefore you must be team orientated and able to maintain positive and supportive relationships with your colleagues at all times
- Strong accounting skills and proven experience of tasks outlined above are a must
- Proven ability to work in a fast moving finance environment is essential
- The position requires someone who is highly computer literate, with excellent Excel skills and keen attention to detail
- Effective organizational ability and time management skills are crucial, and you must be able to work to tight deadlines
My client is an equal opportunities employer and encourage flexible working through family friendly working hours.
This is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate to join a market leading organisation with real long-term prospects!
In the first instance please apply by forwarding your CV
Please contact Vicky at our Manchester office
Ritz recruitment – Employment Agency