£24,500 - £25,500/annum
- United Kingdom -- England -- East Midlands -- Leicestershire -- Leicester
Thursday, March 25, 2021
Assistant Manager – Student Accommodation
Salary: £24,500 - £25,500
Hours: 40 hours per week between the hours of 8am – 8pm, Monday (Friday, 8am – 4.30pm, 9am – 5.30pm, 11.30am – 8pm)
Our client is a leading provider of student accommodation in the UK. Proud to be part of the higher education ecosystem for the last ten years, they provide a welcoming home from home environment for around 28000 students. They have 67 sites across 27 cities, providing a truly exceptional accommodation experience. Now looking to recruit an Assistant Manager to work across two sites in Leicester.
To assist the Operations Manager in the day to day management of two accommodation sites in Leicester, associated services including marketing, building management, tenancy administration, customer relations, H&S and development of student social activities.
Key Role Responsibilities:
- Accommodation Management
- Ensure building is managed and maintained in accordance with Company policies and procedures
- Maintain compliance with ANUK Code of Standards
- Comply with Health & Safety requirements
- Respond positively to customer enquiries and complaints and take appropriate action in line with the complaints procedure.
- Play a key role in the organisation of summer turnaround, move-in weekend and any refurbishment programmes being undertaken at site(s)
- Assist the Operations Manager in dealing with Anti-Social Behaviour and achieving positive outcomes
- Marketing and Lettings
- Undertake marketing activities such as attending open days to promote accommodation, responding to enquires and showing prospective students around the accommodation.
- Promotion of the company’s schemes through the use of Social Media
- Maintain Tenancy data base and associated paperwork for all new lettings.
- Economic Viability
- Promote tenancy extensions and other forms of additional income such as vending
- Look to maximise efficiency of utilities and other consumables
- Assist the Operations Manager in the preparation of the annual budget and monthly management accounts
- Work with the Operations Manager in the monitoring and chasing of rent arrears.
- Student Support
- Develop and maintain resource of information appropriate for the student population e.g. travel, entertainment, health, counselling and welfare, and other local key services.
- Develop and organise a social student diary regular events and social activities.
- Signpost students to appropriate support services.
- Staff Management
- Support the Operations Manager in the supervision of the Accommodation Assistant, Handyman/Technician and Cleaning Operatives
- Health & Safety
- Assist the Operations Manager by carrying out daily/weekly safety inspections and updating onsite log-books and web based H&S Management System.
- Carry out regular building walks and termly inspections to ensure sites remain at the highest aesthetic and H&S standard.
- IT / (database)
- To fully utilise the use of their database to manage operations and communications with students
- Maintain high levels of accuracy in postings, data entry and recording of correspondence/notes with students
- To use and develop reports to monitor site performance.
- To work pro-actively with other Accommodation sites to support colleagues as and when required.
Any other reasonable requests or tasks as appropriate to the role including project work.
Knowledge & Qualifications:
- GCSE (or equivalent) in Maths & English – Grade A-C.
- 2 A-levels or Equivalent
- HND/Diploma/Degree qualification in relevant subject/experience
Experience & Skills:
- Team leader or supervisory experience in a customer focused environment
- Motivate, guide and support others to develop.
- Experience of working within a team
- Experience of working within a busy customer focused or service environment
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office applications, social networking and general use of IT
- Ability to work with minimum supervision and use own initiative to achieve constructive conclusions, even in difficult situations
- Be an effective communicator both verbally & in writing.
- Remain positive and constructive even under pressure, displaying a positive portrayal of the organisation to colleagues, key stakeholders and students at all times
- Ability to plan, prioritise and think ahead to maximise efficiency and meet deadlines
- To be available for duties for occasional evenings, weekends especially during August and September
- Experience of student accommodation
- Experience of working within the student/hospitality/property management environment
- Experience of building maintenance and repairs
- Experience of using databases
- Experience of marketing and sales environment
- Experience of rent collection and debt recovery
- Knowledge of Health & Safety
- Knowledge of the current issues affecting the diverse range of students
In the first instance please apply by forwarding your CV
Please contact Vicky at our Manchester office
Ritz recruitment – Employment Agency