£55,000 - £60,000/annum + + benefits
- United Kingdom -- England -- Greater London -- Central London
Thursday, April 01, 2021
My client, A medical regulatory body in central London promote patient safety by setting, maintaining, and developing standards of practice and conduct, are now looking to appoint a Head of Finance and Assurance. This role is permanent and to start immediately.
They are looking for someone who has the skills and expertise and to lead specifically on Finance, Project, and Risk Management and to continuously improve their infrastructure and someone who can bring new energy and ideas to the organisation.
Other aspects of the role include (but not limited to)
- Be the financial business partner for all departments within the organisation
- Produce a progressive financial strategy to support the Strategic and Business Plans.
- Analyse financial impact of decisions and projects affecting the organisation.
- Forecast and identify future financial risks and opportunities and advise on courses of action.
- Lead and monitor the development of the annual budget in collaboration with departments, to support the strategic plan and annual business plans.
- Manage budget performance in year, including the staff cost budget.
- Ensure preparation of accounts; year end accounts, compare, analyse and report on performance.
- Manage annual financial audit and produce reports
- Ensure legal compliances are in place such as Bookkeeping, Cash Flow Management, Taxation, VAT, and Insurance
Purchase Ledger Maintenance:
- Log and code invoices received and entered on SAGE accounting system ensuring they are authorised.
- Undertake monthly payment run and ensure BACS payments are appropriately authorised.
- Complete supplier reconciliations and resolve any queries.
- Maintain supplier data held on SAGE
- Head the monthly internal Governance/Risk meeting and Report to the Audit Committee.
- Further embed risk management processes within the organisation through close working with all departments.
Team/ People management
- Management of the IT Manager and Facilities Manager conducting one to one meetings.
To be considered for the role you must possess:
- Proven ability to oversee and manage budgets on behalf of an organisation.
- The ability to develop forward-looking financial strategy to underpin the Strategic and Business Plans
- The ability to prepare accounts and compare, analyse and report on performance incl. variances arising.
- Excellent communication skills (both verbally and written) and a proven ability to forge credible relationships with non-executives, staff, and stakeholders.
- Successfully managed and motivated others, making the best use of skills
- Proven ability to successfully manage meetings including organising; planning; chairing and follow up.
If this role sounds perfect for you and you have new energy and ideas and bring to the table, please apply now
Ritz Recruitment (Emp Agy)