£26,000 - £30,000/annum + + Benefits
- United Kingdom -- England -- Greater London -- Notting Hill
Monday, October 11, 2021
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced and pro active Finance Assistant to join a growing and dynamic client of mine, an outstanding charitable organisation for children, based in the most desirable area of West London, Notting Hill /Ladbrook Grove area.
In this varied role the ideal candidate will enjoy a range of responsibilities such as:
- Coding, collating, and filing finance forms and suppliers’ invoices, pension payments and any other items that arise.
- Entering income/invoices, bank reconciliation and statements/salaries on to the accounting system (Sage). Printing and closing monthly accounts to prepare trial balance and income and expenditure account. Close monthly payroll.
- Processing all Purchase Ledger invoices and payments.
- BACS/cheque/bank statement payments.
- Assist with invoicing tenants for rents and service charges Assist with invoicing for all services undertaken by other departments, as required.
- Filling out financial enquiry forms as and when required.
- 6Responsibility for taking note of all telephone enquiries to the Head of Finance in their absence. Dealing with queries.
- Preparing detailed schedules of various accounts
- Making sure all monies owed are paid (credit control).
- Preparing salaries, SSP, SMP, overtime, back pay, car and alarm call out allowance payments and pay slips. Preparing BAC’s Salary and expenses payments.
- Weekly banking/ cashing cheques at bank.
- Preparing/supporting the team daily with opening post and logging income, including logging all cash and cheques received in the Day Books.
- Provide cover for the Income/Credit Controller as necessary.
- Other duties that may arise in the organisation
The charity is looking for a highly numerate and organised candidate who can hit the ground running and who is keen to learn and develop new skills. If you have a passion for making a difference to disadvantaged children and their families and have strong IT skills, especially in Outlook, Word, and Excel then we would love to hear from you.
Other essential skills required:
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Experience of using a database
- Excellent ability to priorities tasks and work under pressure
- Strong communication skills
- Good knowledge of basic accounts and experience using SAGE
- Highly organised and paying close attention to detail
- Experience of working within a Finance team whether within a charity or Corporate setting.
Desirable but not essential:
- Experience working in a Finance team in a charity or corporate setting
- Experience in using Salesforce for fundraising income
Please send your CV today!
Ritz Rec (Emp Agy)