£22,000 - £22,000/annum
- United Kingdom -- England -- Yorkshire and the Humber -- West Yorkshire -- Bradford
Wednesday, January 12, 2022
Assistant Manager - Student Accommodation
Hours: 40 hours per week, between the hours of 8am - 8pm, Monday - Friday
Our client is a national provider of purpose built student accommodation in England. They focus on providing their students with more than ‘just; their accommodation, providing the safety, security and social aspect of University life. Now looking to recruit an Assistant Accommodation Manager to work at their accommodation in Bradford.
The role of Assistant Accommodation Manager is to assist the Accommodation Manager with the running of the accommodation, ensuring a first class residential and customer experience.
- To assist in the management of the property
- To assist in ensuring the property is managed and operated in line with agreed operating principles to support the achievement of our company goal to be industry leading in service levels to students, parents and investors
- To ensure the property achieves the best possible occupancy and financial performance
- Embrace the ‘more than just a room’ philosophy of the company, student welfare and support services.
- Deputise for the Accommodation Manager in their absence
- Day to day responsibility for providing excellent customer service and student experience
- Assist the Accommodation Manager to ensure the highest possible standards of student safety and welfare
- Assist in recruitment and training of team members and assist in social activity preparation as required
- Assist in the preparation of staff rotas
- Respond to emergencies both during and out of working hours
- Carry out general reception duties including, but not limited to, mail handling, facilitating approved access for visitors and contractors, and general completion of administration
- Assist in managing ‘check in’ and check out’ procedures ensuring efficiencies and room management procedures are adhered to
- Take a lead role in the on-site management of maintenance (reactive, planned and cyclical) to ensure sector leading service levels
- Take a lead role in managing the on-site housekeeping team
- Carry out kitchen inspections, update records and take corrective action when needed.
- Undertake regular inspections of rooms and common spaces, update records and take corrective actions when needed
- Assist the Accommodation Manager with daily site standard audits
- Take a lead role in fire safety, weekly fire alarm tests and regular evacuation drills.
- Issue and regulate stores and cleaning supplies and assist in maintaining correct stock levels
- Assist in the management of payments and, when appropriate, rent debt and damage charges
- Assist the Accommodation Manager to ensure that all information provided to customers on the accommodation, is both accurate and updated regularly – to include printed collateral, web-based information and social networking sites.
- Contribute to, when necessary inward visits from agents/ partners/ parents as appropriate
- Marketing of the property to direct let customers where required
- Marketing to existing customers to maximise repeat business when required
- Assist in marketing and management of lettings including short-term contracts and summer lets when required
- To support colleagues across the company with regards to requirements under immigration legislation and Right to Rent.
- Assist to develop and maintain policies and procedures in accordance with legislation and ANUK Accreditation Scheme.
- To contribute to the development of policies and procedures in accordance with necessary legislation, HMO compliance
The successful applicant will be/ have:
- A passion for service excellence, customer care and a sensitivity to students’ needs
- Self-motivated and proactive
- Attention to detail
- Well organised
- Be creative
- A professional client/ colleague/ stakeholder facing manner
- Be conversant with the ANUK Accreditation Scheme
Essential skills/ experience
- Have experience in a similar role either in student accommodation or hotel / hospitality
- Ideally experience in facilities management
- Ability to prioritise workload and meet deadlines
In the first instance please apply by forwarding your CV
Please contact Vicky at our Manchester office
Ritz recruitment – Employment Agency